Prepping for Carlins & Finish

There existed a small cavity where the seat tops aligned with the seat extension.  I wasn’t happy with how it lined up, so I taped off the area and filled it with thickened epoxy.  DSC00001On a few of the bulkheads, the top panel was a touch proud of the bulkhead.  On others the alignment was spot on.  Instead of planing the top panel (which has a beautiful smooth curve cut from the kit), I decided to shim the low areas.  DSC00005Here I used an epoxy stir stick.  The thickness was perfect.  DSC00006Here I used a slim plywood piece about twice the thickness of the stir stick.  After these cure, I’ll shape them to fit perfectly atop the bulkheads.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s